The Pennsylvania Lottery has something for you even if you are not a fan of slots games and scratch-offs. They have a separate section for virtual sports. It is called “Xpress Sports.” In this section, you can watch fast-paced simulated games of your favorite sports. You can find the tab on the right side of the main menu bar between the “Keno” and “More” tabs. The life-like games are a great replacement if you are waiting on a tournament for the real thing.
After you click on it, you will see that they offer two kinds of sports in their virtual collection. The competitions are Car racing and American Football. Let’s find out everything about PA Lottery’s Xpress Sports.
- First Deposit Match: Earn a 100% Deposit Bonus, Up to $100 Bonus Money on your first deposit.
- Grumpy Monday: Earn 20% Cashback – Worth up to $100 Bonus Money
- Daily Promotions: Details On Site
The total amount of the player’s Deposit Bonus award will be communicated to the player via electronic mail to the email address associated with the iLottery player’s account within 3 business days of the end of the promotional period and will be credited to the player’s account within 3 business days of the end of the promotional period. Additional T&C's apply.
PA Lottery’s Xpress Sports: American Football
Football is one of the most popular sports in the USA. It’s logical to see it in the virtual sports section of the Pennsylvania Lottery. You have to predict the outcome of a drive (draw) correctly, and in what play it would happen. New drives happen every five minutes. You can purchase Xpress Football tickets for up to 20 draws in advance.
The scoreboard will show you the home and away teams, what yard line the ball is on and which side is on offense. The draws always start on the 20-yard line. There are sixteen possible choices divided into four markets. The first three markets have five picks, and the last one has only a Field Goal option.
- Touchdown Run
- Touchdown Pass
- Field Goal
How to play: Our Guide
You need to pick up an Xpress Football play slip from any PA Lottery retailer. You can even watch the games live, in person, at only select retailers. If you don’t want to watch it live, you can check on the results from the PA Lottery website or their mobile app. Follow the steps below to make your bet.
- First, select the amount you want to play for each chosen outcome.
- Next, select the number of consecutive draws you wish to predict.
- Select the outcome in the play slip you wish to play on. You can bet on multiple markets, but each result you select increases the total cost of your bet and your winnings if you win. (Prizes are multiplied by the amount you selected.)
- To turn in your slip, go to any retailer or self-service vending machine. There are instructions on the devices so anyone could use them even if they don’t know how yet.
- Once the transaction is complete, you can get your ticket and watch the drive.
The only other sport in the virtual betting area PA Lottery offers is Car Racing. You have to predict the first three places winners from a twelve-car race.
Before each race, you will see the starting positions of the cars, the numbers and driver names, prize chart, and the top three recent race winners. Since it’s a virtual sport, this information is for entertainment only, and it can’t be used to predict future races. Each race lasts for two laps around the virtual race tracks. There are five possible outcomes/markets:
- Matching the winning 1st place car
- Matching the winners of the 1st and 2nd places in an exact order
- Matching the winners of the 1st and 2nd places in any order
- Matching the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in any order
- Matching the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in exact order
How to play: Some Tips
After you pick up a play slip from any PA Lottery retailer, you need to select the following:
- How much you want to play per race outcome
- Select the number of consecutive races you want to participate in.
- The cars you think will finish in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. You can select up to five different combinations. Each outcome selected increases the cost of the amount you selected in step 1.
To purchase your slip, go to a retailer or use one of the many self-service vending machines. Once you pay, you can get your ticket and watch the race.
FAQ: Key Information to Keep in Mind
Q: How can I win by playing Xpress Football?
A: Every five minutes, new drives between two virtual teams will take place. Each draw has sixteen outcomes: turnover, touchdown Run/Pass (each one happens on either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or after the 5th play) or a Field Goal. If the outcome you selected matches the draw outcome, you win a prize.
Q: How do I win at Xpress Car Racing?
A: Every five minutes, new races occur between twelve virtual cars. Every car has an equal chance to win the race; the starting position doesn’t matter. Three random winners are selected. If your picks match the draw, you win a prize.
Q: How much does it cost to bet on Xpress Football or Xpress Car Racing?
A: You could spend $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $10 or $20. The price is for each outcome you selected for a single drive — the greater the bet, the greater the prize.
Q: How do I claim my prize?
A: You can do that at any PA Lottery retailer or by mail. If the retailer has the amount, they can pay you by cash, money order or check. If the retailer doesn’t have it, you can try another location. If you win more than $600, you have to fill out a Claim Form and submit it. Only the Lottery can pay prizes over $2,500. You need to mail the completed Claim Form and your ticket to the address on the form.
Q: How long does it take to receive my prize directly from the Lottery?
A: Most prizes arrive four to six weeks after they have been received and approved at the Lottery headquarters. Sometimes they arrive sooner though.
Q: Do I have to pay taxes for my winnings?
A: Yes, if your winnings are greater than $600, you will receive a form from the Lottery retailer to submit with your tax returns and report your winnings. You should consult a tax professional before you fill out your tax returns.
PA Lottery’s Xpress Sports Last Update: August 2019